Here's what we believe at GBC:
- We believe that the Holy Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is of final and supreme authority in faith and life, and being inspired by God, is inerrant in the original writings.
(Hebrews 4:12; John 17:17; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; this Trinity being one God, eternally existing in three persons.
(Genesis 1:26; II Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19)
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, that He was born of the virgin Mary and begotten of the Holy Spirit.
(Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25)
- We believe that the origin of mankind was by decree of God in the act of creation as related in the book of Genesis; that mankind was created in the image of God; that men and women sinned and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death.
(Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:1-21; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- We believe that all human beings have an inherent sinful nature and are in need of a Savior for their reconciliation to God.
(II Corinthians 5:21; Psalm 51:5)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only Savior, that He was crucified for our sins as a voluntary representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified eternally on the grounds of His shed blood.
(Romans 3:24-26; Romans 5:8; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His personal return to receive the saints, to set up his kingdom on earth, and ultimately to establish His eternal reign in the new heaven and the new earth.
(John 20:1-29; Acts 1:9-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all persons, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.
(I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:5-15)
- We believe that the universal Church is an organism composed of all who have received Christ as Savior and consequently have been baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body, that the local church is an organization composed of believers united for worship, instruction, fellowship, missionary endeavor, and service to God and one another.
(Matthew 16:16-18; Acts 2:42-47; I Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 4:3-10)
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit baptizes the believer into the body of Christ and indwells him completely at conversion. As the believer's heart is yielded to the Holy Spirit, the believer's life increasingly evidences the fruit of the Spirit.
(I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:22-23)
- We believe that water baptism is an ordinance for the believer, symbolic of the believer's identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and with His Church, the body of Christ.
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:43-48; Romans 6:3-4)
- We believe that believers are to passionately pursue holiness and to purposefully abstain from sinful practices.
(Romans 12:1-2; II Corinthians 6:14-18; I Peter 1:14-16)
- We believe that believers are to confess Christ before others by their words and their consistent godly living.
(Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20; Colossians 4:5-6; I Peter 3:15)